Immigration to United Kingdom

No matter how simple it may appear, getting UK immigration is not an easier task and requires an expert advice or professional assistance. Cardinal Solicitors is here to make this tedious task a hassle-free experience and provides you with the best immigration services. In partnership with Alliance Solicitors, we offer exceptional services for UK immigrants. Even in UK, our partner law firm can assist you in other legal matters and take away your worries.

United Kingdom is one of the most established European countries and attracts immigrants from around the globe. A UK visa is a document that grants you permission to enter the United Kingdom. Whether you are visiting the UK temporarily or permanently, your visa will be an important element of your immigration process.

All foreign nationals must apply for a visa if they plan to stay in the country for more than 90 days. If their stay is less than 90 days, non-EEA nationals must apply for a visitor visa, but EEA countries’ citizens can enter the country without a permit for up to 90 days.

There are many reasons for the people to apply for UK Visa; they may apply for visas for a variety of reasons, including:

  • Job
  • Study
  • doing business
  • joining family members
  • tourism
  • seek refuge
  • transit through the country
  • getting private medical care & treatment
  • permanent residence in the country

There are various types of visas that serve multiple purpose; the applicants can choose according to their requirement. The types are elaborated as follows:

  1. Work Visa
  2. Family Visa
  3. Student Visa
  4. Visitor Visa

Work Visa

If you want to work in United Kingdom, you may need to get a work visa according to intended duration for working in UK. There are multiple kinds of work visas are tabulated as follows:
Type of Visa Purpose
Skilled worker visa Skilled workers having a job offer in United Kingdom
Temporary Worker Visa Temporary workers, spanning a duration of less than a year
Youth Mobility Visa A work permit of two years for an international graduate within an age limit of 18-30
Sportsperson Visa A permit for qualified sportspersons and coaches
Paid Permit Engagement Visa Entry permit for some skilled experts in a field
Minister of Religion Visa A permit for religious workers
Intra-company Transfer Visa A work permit for transferred people among multinational firms
Business Visitor Visa Travel permits for conducting business activities, spanning up to 6 months
Innovator Visa Entrepreneurs from around the world with £50,000 to invest in a UK business
Investor Visa International investors with a minimum investment of £2 million in UK-based firms
Startup Visa Applicants seeking to launch their first business in the UK with sponsors approval

Family Visa

Staying and living apart from one’s family is not easy; one may find it really challenging. Fortunately, United Kingdom provides multiple type of visas for uniting the families. The type of visa may differ due to different underlying purposes and familial connections. The types of family visas are listed below:


Type of VisaPurpose
Spouse VisaA permit for spouses of British residents
Fiancé VisaA permit for fiancé of British residents
Dependent Adult VisaA permit for foreign nationals dependent on British residents
Dependent Child VisaA permit for dependent children of British residents
Unmarried Partner VisaA permit for unmarried civil partners of British residents

Student Visa

The United Kingdom houses a number of world-class educational institutions, making it an attraction for international students from around the globe. In order to study in the UK, one must get a study permit.

It enables students to stay in the United Kingdom for the duration of their study. You must have an offer to study on a course from a registered UK educational facility to be eligible for a student visa. You’ll also have to show that you know English and that you can support yourself financially without relying on government assistance. The types of student visas are listed as follows:


Type of VisaPurpose
Adult Student VisaA permit for adult students enrolled in a degree/course in the UK
Child Student VisaA study permit for children between ages of 4-17 years
Student Visitor VisaA permit for the students for visiting the UK for less than 6 months
2-year Post-study Work VisaA work permit for international students after completion of a degree

Visitor Visa

Non-EEA nationals will need a visitor visa if they want to stay in the country for less than 6 months. The visitor visa can be acquired for multiple reasons including:

  • Visiting family and friends
  • Visiting the United Kingdom as a tourist
  • Obtaining private medical care

Other types of visitor visas may be more appropriate and chosen according to the requirements of the applicant. The Short-Term Study Visa is a visitor visa for students who want to study in the country for a limited time. The Business Visitor Visa permits foreigners to enter the country for conducting business activities

Get Free Consultation!

Scroll to Top